Follow us on our CLOSED Facebook Group
for updates on events
Welcome back Wining Women,
We are excited to be tasting wines together again this membership year. While things might be a little different, we look forward to another year of getting to know each other & exploring some new wines.
Please take a few minutes to read through our group guidelines. We will meet either in-person or virtually at 7pm on the 2nd Thursday each month. Virtual meet ups will be on Zoom. We encourage you to join us on Zoom at home in small groups, outside on your patio. Remember to mute your phone or computer after we start the guided tasting. You can use the chat feature to ask questions or just save them until the end Q & A.
We will meet virtually, this Thursday, September 10th at 7:00 pm via Zoom. Once you RSVP on our Facebook event, you will be sent the Zoom Meeting ID & Password. Our own "Baby Sommelier", Dayna Epley will take us through a guided tasting of the following wines:
Kim Crawford Sauvignon blanc
a classic example of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc)
Recommended pairing: delicious together with the creamy goat cheese;
enhanced by the citrus and acidity of the wine.
Layer Cake Shiraz
a black-fruit led Australian wine that is warmed with spices and pepper
Recommend pairing: Gouda or a Manchego cheese for a complimentary effect.
These wines can be purchased locally at Kroger or just grab a bottle of your favorite already at home and listen in to Dayna's tips & tricks for a better wine tasting experience.
Bea Bragg & Joy Barmore
Special Interest Group Leaders
Wining Women: 2nd Thursday Guidelines
- Wining Women will meet the 2nd Thursday of each month.
- At the meeting, there will be a signup sheet. Each lady should sign up to host or co-host. Sometimes there are two co-hostess.
- Please bring you own wine glass. Pouring for tasting is 1-2 oz.
- The hostess determines what type of wine we will be tasting each month. Think Region: Grape or Variety: Brand.
- Please RSVP on the Facebook event page. Indicate if you are bringing a bottle of the hostess selected wine variety to taste ($20-$25 max value) or a bottle of any wine to share.
- We will have tally sheets available for the tasting and simple ranking of the wines. The wine will be covered during the tasting and labeled with numbers 1 to 6.
- The hostess will provide a pitcher/bowl/vase for emptying glasses of excess wine.
- Once the tasting is complete, the hostess and co-hostess will tally the results. After tallying – she will announce the winner. The hostess then awards a small prize (i.e. wine caddy, napkins, dish towels, wine glasses, candles, etc.) $20 max value.
- The food should be kept simple. Typically, cheese, crackers, dried fruit, nuts, dips or veggies.
Ladies League Covid-19 Guidelines
The ladies league is following state and local guidelines to ensure member & guest safety.
- Special interest group meetup should be no larger than 16 including hostess &/or co-hostess.
- A guest may only attend if the SIG leader approves in advance & if there is space after all members are confirmed as attending.
- Outdoor gatherings are preferred vs indoor gatherings in tight spaces.
- Members must maintain social distancing; 6 ft space between members when appropriate.
- Masks are recommended when distance between members cannot be maintained. SIG leader will have a small supply of disposable masks for members who need one.
- Members should wash hands frequently during any meet up. Hand sanitizer will be provided by SIG leader.
- No food may be served buffet style. Members may bring their own snacks or hostess may offer individual portions.
- Hostess or co-hostess should pour drinks if multiple members are attending. Members must bring their own drink cups if attending at another member's home. Disposable cups may be provided by the SIG leader if necessary.
Please read our
Covid-19 General Membership Waiver Here
Below are wines & region suggestions for tastings.
France : Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, Grenache, Syrah, Viognier, Chardonnay
Italy: Sangiovese, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Moscato, Pinot Grigio
United States Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel
Argentina: Malbec, Bonarda
Chile: Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc
Australia: Shiraz, Chardonnay
Germany: Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Sylvaner
Spain: Tempranillo, Albarino, Garnacha, Palomino
New Zealand: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir
South Africa: Pinotage, Chenin Blanc
Look for this sheet at the next tasting event or contact Bea Bragg to sign up. Sign up to host or co-host any of our upcoming tasting events.